Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayers...

Hmm..its 4.04am in the morning, and i can't get to sleep after watching 《我叫金三顺!》@ tudou.com. That website is the BEst ah! so speedy.. literally no loading time needed! No more Youtube.com. ahaa~ :)

Alot went through my mind recently...and just wanna blog it down, in case i forget in future..

Life's, actually quite short. Really short. In 5 years time, i'll be 30 yrs old. Like the female lead in the show, called 三顺. She's slightly on the Big side..i think over 65 kg at least, minimum 1.7m...30 years old..and got ditched right from the beginning of the show. And then, blar blar blar...story goes on...

What's worth mentioning abt her? hmm...i guess, its abt Timing.

At 30yrs old, getting ditched can be quite..pathetic..
"Market Value" is declining with every birthday celebration..being on the plus-side doesn't do her any better, but she's quite charismatic in her ways after all. She have dreams, to be the best baker in Korea. Having a goal, a vision in life, to look forward to, this is so mezmerising...

Having met the true love of her life @ 30years old is also..quite..hmmm....(shalt think of that now..) But anyway, whilst the story might be fictional, alot of people in reality do only get to meet their true love at a later stage of life. Perhaps the first 20-30years are experiences to better prepare us for holy matrimony...

If time is not ripe, things will never turn out fine..(whatever this statement means..its meaning may change in future, as i read up more and change my perspectives..)

Anyway, what i wished for my 25th birthday, and all my prayers for my Novena sessions, are all the same.. Wishes are like prayers for me now..and it'll all stay the same, until the miracles happen.
- That he will attend RCIA and go back to Christ..for God to lead him in his life and be blessed with the Gift of Wisdom and Discernment.
- That all my friends and their families will quit smoking and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- That my family will be healthy (especially my parents) and wealthy, financially and spiritually.
- That the Lord will reveal my true love, lead me to him, and may we learn from the ways of Jesus' life, grow old together in the Lord's guidance..

And sometimes, when i'm not forgetful, i will add on this..."May the Lord bless all my friends who are single and available, to find the true love of their life and guide them spiritually in their relationship journey.." heeeEEE~* :)

Also, lately, alot of miracles has been working in our church group also..really amazing..
As lots of stuffs shan't be discussed outside the group, i'll have to keep them anonymous.
A lady was having a bad time at work ever since the recession started, having to do what she didn't like to do (Sales! i don't really like it too!), and she really wanted to quit her job! BUT during this recession times, JOB PRESERVATION is the word.

For a long period of time, she prayed over it and there was no improvement for a long time..things were really going way out of hand and there was nearly a depression stage she had never experienced in her life.. She decided that it was too much for her. Finally, she told God, that it was too heavy a burden for her, and prayed for God to lift that burden away. As Christians, we know that, the Lord will not give us a burden we cannot handle. We prayed for her too..and recently, there was a reply from a company where she posted her resume to. To cut the story short, Out of 120 resumes, only 60-70 were screen through by the HR, and only 5 made it through the second interview, and she was the only one selected for a senior executive position! And her pay will be $1000 more than her previous job!

Alot of us in the same group also experience similiar things about our career as well. My friend recently got a pay rise which is at least double his income now, another was offered a higher pay from another company to hop over, and also having bonuses bigger than last year's is an EXTREMELY RARE case for this year's poor economy...and we all are experiencing and sharing our happy cases with each other only recently~ God's graces. =) We all will get caught up with bad times at some part of our lifes, and having no one really fitting to turn to, we turn to God (who will always be there for us, no matter what happens. As long as we believe).

Prayers keeps us sane, distracts us from the unnecessary worldly things in life, and allows us to focus...
When there are pains and sadness, i pray for love and time to heal from God, to stay sane and distract myself, to not do silly things anymore..
When there are obstacles and turbulences in life, i pray for safety and guidances from the Holy Spirit..and not do dangerous things that jeopardizes my life and reputation...and many more.

I think prayers really did, make me change abit. ABIT at least.
- I did my best to keep my mouth shut and stop making a nuisance with my mouthful of sarcastic words..and imgine how hurt others will have gotten..
- I start to think twice before doing anything reckless ( i am a VERY reckless person)
- I start to think twice about hurting the people i love (still not very good with that...I did hurt him deeply with my sharp words..)
- I get to be more patient now, whenever things don't work out the way i want it to be. I pray...and slowly, things will work out in one way or another. (e.g. I will get DAMN impatient when the mrt gets too long to arrive OR waiting for some friends for an hour or 2..and i'll pray, and think, what's the worst that can happen? LATE lor.And i'll just happily carry on with what i do..and anger just difusses away and the most amazing thing is, the rest of the day will always seem smooth-going~ ;D )
- I start to have a very good soulmate, whom i believe in, and whatever i share with him, confide with him, a sense of comfort will overwhelm me and make me feel safe. Thank you Lord, may i never lose you again.

Amen