Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pursuit of Happyness...Part II

Today, i had Assistant Coach training, as the Emcee for the upcoming 96th SCS, held by GSS Training Academy...and today, Fanny inspired me. :) And that reminded me of a quote by Chris Gardner. Chris Jr. had a wild dream and Chris Gardner discouraged him....(i forgot what exactly happened....it was a game of basketball when they had this conversation.)

Chris Gardner told Chris Jr. :

"You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me."

I was practising for the event, and was told by Fanny that there's this certain pitch of my voice which sounds sharp, and i was told to drop that. I fell straight to hell.... that kind of unique pitch of mine was what i find most entertaining, gets me high and energetic on the mike and, i was told to drop it. I went straight to "Lost" mode...

Fanny came up to me to find out what is wrong...and, i told her that i lost myself as an Emcee if i couldn't use what i am most proud of. She told me.. "Let no one take away your dreams...Not even me. Go get what you want! If its not the best now, YOU make it the BEST!! You'll make the BEST Emcee!!! :D"

Jia you for 96th SCS!!! :D