Saturday, September 8, 2007

My exit...Begin with the end in mind.

I commit myself to sponsoring 6 children for "Fund a Child" at World Vision (S), S$270 monthly by Dec 2007.

This is the initial "Exit" towards another phase of life. Using only partial of the passive monthly income from WBG, i want to do something for the society. Something that makes me feel like worth living for. Something that motivates me to strive and work hard for. This conclusion is a result of what we heard from Nicholas chia (CEO of WBG and Chairman of DSAS, ex-CEO of Bank of America!!!!), where we, the GSS team, had the privillege to visit his home. Very very nice big mansion~ :) It was through our leader, LongSheng's (project manager of a reputable Civil engineering company) help that we are able to visit Nicholas Chia. Very thankful of him as well. :)

What Nicholas chia shared throughout most of the whole 3.5 hours was, "To begin with the end in our minds" = Having a goal to achieve, achieve it (exit it), and set another goal for next stage. But we haven't even have a proper definite exit that we sincerely want to attain, how do we move towards the next?

I don't like cars, i don't like houses, i don't like money. But i like to enjoy a good meal or outing with family and being able to pay for it. I like to drive in a car, so that i can ferry my family and friends whatever they want to go. I like to live happily in a beautiful house with my family without my parents worrying to pay for bills, retirement funds. I like to travel with my close friends over the world and enjoy the beauty of nature and life. I like to have more money so that i can fulfil this tiny little mission of mine...(refer above)

It's not about the physical stuffs that money bring. It's about the intangibles we enjoy. I like to travel with friends overseas, which is why i love KL so much. hahaAHA~* Its my first ever overseas trip(i exclude Johor which i went once in sec sch with my dad, just a mere 2 hrs trip). That place, i can still remember the route from Wen Worth Hotel towards the Rapid Transit (the so called MRT), the malls that we visited, the seminars that we all went together, the discussions that we had with LongSheng and HuiMien (his wife) at the great cafe...



My wish for another trip will be one of the followings: Hong Kong, GuangZhou, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur.

Hong Kong (night view. Long Sheng wants to go there as our first destination after KL :D)

Guang Zhou (The City of Guangzhou - host city to the 2010 Asian Games. The new TV Tower will be one of the tallest buildings in the world - reaching 610m in height and is hoped will attract 10,000 visitors daily. It is set to finish late 2009, just in time for the games. I want to visit a friend there, as most likely, this will be a place i want to venture into China. ;D )

Taiwan ( Taipei 101 tower. I love the lovely fireworks thingy during the Taipei 101 countdown during the yearend celebration, which i saw it on Jet's Nokia 73. i wanna go and shop!!)

Malaysia (KL Petronas Tower. Can visit Long Sheng, Jet and Richard's newly opened Indinine cafe by WBG!~~* The next trip will be a leisure, relax trip!)