Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Life's more than just 2.4km run...

Today i went for my first training for Dec 2 Standard Chartered Marathon run (10km-Women's). I ran a distance of 2.4km @ Woodlands stadium and...guess what??!! After my last 2.4km run (which was 5 years ago!!), i actually clocked a timing of 16min 04 sec!!!

Disappointing, yet encouraging, because i didn't suffer from pains all over my body, i didn't feel lethargic after the run (perhaps its attributed to my week-long detox juicing program!!)
My personal best was in my sec 4, where i clocked 12mins 54sec. I should have registered for 21km or 42.195km marathon...(if i am really disciplined to train for the next 3 months. hahaaAaaAA*~~**~)

Last time when i was still in JC, every PE period was dreadful when its scheduled for 2.4km runs. I hated running, but i HATE LOSING even more! So i have to force myself to out-run every girl in my class. And i did. It was just plain dreadful to want to win desperately. Just egoistic of me. haha~

However, when i started running just now @ the stadium, it feels completely an easy feat. It feels like, the World is suddenly so big. Just like a rat wheel. My "World" or "wheel" was so small during my sch days..that 2.4km and exams are the only pressure on me. Now, i'm exposed to more stuffs in life, vision and perception expands. That's why i felt that 2.4km was WAY TOO EASY to run.

Pressure during sch days => exams, 2.4km run
Pressure these days => personal results @ work and WBG, 10km run!!

How should i release some of the stress i'm feeling now?
Expand my horizon further!! Have greater mission and vision to accomplish so that i know what i'm doing now is too much an easy feat, anddddddd..............42.195km marathon next year!! ;)

To all and esp. those running for Standard Chartered Marathon run this Dec 2,
"If you want to win something, run 100 metres. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." ~ Emil Zatopek
(kapo from Jet's blog! hehe!~*)