Tuesday, September 18, 2007

2nd training for 10km Standchart run 2006...

My sis went together with me for my second training for Standard chartered run and i clocked a better timing, 14mins 46sec! =) Quite satisfied for a 2nd training. Shall plan to have weekly runs, every tues evening and sunday mornings ard woodlands area. =D

This time round, the 2.4km run which i thought easy, become slightly tougher. Mentally. I realised that it was due to pressence of my sis. When i started running, i felt an unknown pressure coming inside of me. It was then, that i realised (if i am not wrong), that the sense of competition is burdening me. (My sis is 16yrs old..ahaaAHA~~* i can run faster than her! Thx to HUNZA pdts!!*)

People said i think too much at times, but..WHAT TO DO WHEN I AM RUNNING ON A BORING STADIUM TRACK?? That's when i can calm down and think about things in life. Nothing matters more than me being able to calm down and focus on what i need to do with my life.

Ah haa! I realised alot of my stress comes from surrounding competitions, that i want to be better than others, and this stress builds up to a point when i don't wanna care abt anything anymore. Constant pressure from the environment to maintain or even improve myself, till at one point in life (during JC times), i gave up on myself.

Pressure, either drives you to become a better person, or break you into a million pieces. All depends on how we wants things to be.
(Damn i really hate having pple to run alongside me..imagine i have to compete with thousands of people at the run!!! ahaAHha~~*)

If that kind of pressure is too much for me, why not opt for competing with myself? (any better suggestions?? anyone??) I felt at ease and better-focused when i'm with myself. I seek not to lead or follow others. That's me, and i am very assured of that, which brings out the best in me.
Always seek for further improvement. 1st timing: 16min 05sec. 2nd timing: 14min 46sec. 3rd timing will get better! Or clock longer mileage! =D

Seek Constant And Never-ending Improvement.