Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Power Struggle

He "stepped on my toes" today, and i flared up.

Man... i thought i could control my emotions, but i just seem to not be able to, in front of the man i love.

I name this stage "Independence" stage, and also further into it, its "Power struggle" stage in psychology terms.

Couples, when they get together, usually there are 3 stages. Namely, Dependence stage, Independence stage, and Interdependence stage.

Will talk abt the 3 stages some other time...
Just wanna whine abt this Power struggle now..

I do realise a long while ago, that i have a big ego. BIG BIG one. I totally cannot stand myself being labelled as a "whiny old woman","a typical woman", "a woman who follows her man wherever she goes", etc. I am NOT that kind of woman. I seek freedom to do stuffs, and in my way.

My guy, is also a man with a passion for Freedom. Man, has ego. Default. If they have no ego, something is going wrong there... So, sometime we have struggles with that. If i say or do anything "too much", i'm labelled a typical woman. The thing is i KNOW he doesn't mean it, but i STILL flare up!!! Sometimes i know certain things will hurt his ego, and i PURPOSELY commit it!!! Damn! We have to recognise this struggle and manage it.

Wah...i never imagined after such a long drought with no relationships, getting into one really takes effort on both sides. To go into Interdependence stage will take a while, but working towards it. I pray that he does it as well...