Sunday, May 10, 2009

The vineyard...~

I went church today, and guess what? Since Father Bruno is back to France for the next 3 months, today we had a "relief Father"! And he was the one who was famous for the Novena church exorcism case!

His sermon was real good. ;) He's a good preacher. Thank God who bless you to overcome the saga over the case.

Anyway, for every sunday, i guess i'll just have the homily readings here, so Pin wouldn't grumble at me for not updating..ahhaAHA~*

So...HEre's it!


“ He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit”

Scripture: John 15:1-8
1. "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2. Every branch of mine that bears no fruit, he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3. You are already made clean by the word which I have spoken to you. 4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6. If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. 7. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. 8. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.

Our Meditation and reflections:
The Gospel reading tells us that all who belong to Christ are fruit-bearing branches of one vine. Jesus is the vine, and because we are all attached to him, we share the same calling: to bear good fruit. And not just any fruit that seems good, but the same fruit that Jesus produced.

However, most of us underestimate how important this is! Stop underestimating how necessary it is for you to produce Christ's fruit — and more of it — today. Too many Christians settle for mediocrity. As long as we get some personal satisfaction from being Christian, we feel all too satisfied. As long as we're helping some people with our kindness or generosity or love, we think God is satisfied with the good fruits we're producing. Have you ever asked why there's so much evil in the world? Why doesn't God raise his almighty hand against war, against terrorism, against unemployment, against the greed of high -salaried managers who lay off their employees while giving themselves huge bonuses, against the perpetrators of physical and emotional abuse, against pro-abortion legislation, against poverty, against rising crime rates, or against any evil that's corrupting our world? Why doesn't God do something? Actually, he does!

However, he does it the same way he grows grapes. The energy of the vine (Jesus) travels through the vine to the little twigs (you and me and all Christians) that hold the grapes. The more open we are to receiving nourishment from Christ, the more fruit Jesus produces through us. But the grapes are not supposed to stay there! We're nourished by Christ in order to take his fruits abundantly out into the world. We must grow strong and healthy, branch out, and use everything we've received from Christ for the sake of others. Evil is stopped to the extent that we Christians continue Christ's earthly ministry. Victory over evil comes from Christ, that is, through us from Christ. Holiness in the world comes from Christ's Holy Spirit actively transforming it through our holiness.

Hope these readings bring an impact upon any person who are most in need to know about...

God's will be done.

Amen.