Monday, December 3, 2007

Standard Chartered Mararthon 2007

Early morning 4.30am, i got onto KL's dad's cab to get to our 1st destination of the day, Padang field, to meet up with Weijie and we headed to Fullerton starting point after loading our bags. Saw alot of enthusiatic pple waiting for the start of Full marathon (42.195km!!) at 5.30am.

Here's where Long Sheng, KL and jie all doing their warming ups, getting prepared for the race. LS even said that i will run a 1.5hr run for my 10km race! Let's see whether i can achieve it.... hehe~* Here's Hui Mien as well! SHe's Long Sheng's wife and she's going for the 21.5km half marathon!

Here's the starting point beaconing the marathoners and off they went!!
See that huge beaming light?? Blocked all that fatastic view of thousands of enthu pple..ahaAHAh~*

A great event where i saw many of my "long time no see" friends while running! I saw Han Boon from Siling pri, Zheng Guo from Pioneer JC, (full marathon!), Anthony and Wu WeiCai from ex-sch band BT Band. And i tot i saw Kumar as well...better go confirm with him again. ;)


From Left: Long Sheng, WeiJie, KL and Gavin.


Here's me and my friends from WBG!! I run 10km while they ran for the 42.195km full marathon... i finished at 9.40am, while they all come back after 10.30pm (sub 5!! Under 5 hrs), some at 12.30pm even! LS was..quite accurate. haaHAa~ i ran a 1:21:22sec. Quite an achievement for me who only trained twice before running. hahaAH~* HuiMien clocked 3hr for her half marathon too~ Great~ ;)

Jet, Ivy and Seth went for it also!! NEver in their lifes have they went for a full marathon, Just 30yrs of age and they can still clock quite a speedy timing!! Impressive..

I waited and stoned at 200m before the finishing line until i dozed off for 10 mins and i only saw Long Sheng and Gavin running back. The rest i din see...my eyes went dazy after watching hundreds of pple running past, in the same motion, for 2 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!

But u know what? Its the perservance to finish that DAMN LONG run which counts... That's pushing themselves to the LIMITS!!! (Salutes to the full marathon runners!)

Just like the business we are doing. Perservance to drive us to the LIMITS. ;)

An event that, makes me wanna go for the FULL marathon next year. 10km is really no kick after running it. While i was running, my mind kept thinking....10km is not comparable to 42.195km...

While i was running at 8km already, i was thinking..."fwah!! they have to run 5 times by distance ah...That's pushing to their limits...!!!!" I raced past the finishing line, feeling...sian...i should have gone for 21.5km at least...

The learning experience from the 10km run: "I can achieve far greater. 10km can't test out my limits". A real test to my mind, mental strength, as for the past whole 10km i was running, i kept thinking abt stuffs to kept myself going...Band comp '98 music..Jet's motivating music..i'm Alive by Celine Dion..alot of mental stress, until one moment, i decided, "THAT"S IT!! I HAD ENOUGH OF THINKING TOO MUCH!!! JUST run lah!!! RUN!!!!" Getting rid of all rubbish and shit and chiong for what i want. hahaAH~* Just like our biz.. if we kept thinking of the negatives, we will be literally self-poisoning ourselves. Just run lah!!!


Marathoner's tips: U only start to walk after 20+km!! Even if u run very Very VERY slow before that, u still must run!!! If you stop to walk before 20km, jia lat BIG TIME....


Alamak!! My last man only stopped to walk after 17km leh!!! How am i gonna race that full marathon?? That's gonna REALLY test my limits if i go for it next year..

Gonna run with these guys again! Jia you!

Quote:"If you want to win something, run 100 metres. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." ~ Emil Zatopek"


*And this is Santa Claus (managed to catch a back view) that KL and I met while we are on the MRT back home! Wish for a Merry Wealthy Christmas this year!! ;)