Sunday, July 29, 2007

Persistency...

I'm gonna participate in Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2007!!! A public declaration that i wanna announce! (So that i can give myself no excuses..) Women's 10km run. =)
2 decisions that i have made...
1) To go for a singing competition (which i just got in the quarter finals today.)
2) Decide to go for this Standard Chartered run.


Why singing?
This is a childhood dream which i wanna fulfill. When i was in pri sch, i dare not go on stage to sing, even though i tot i have good voice quality. After getting into WBG, being the Assistant Coach in GSS Training Academy, it really gave me alot of courage and that's why i decided to do what i wanted to accomplish. This is what i have always been dreaming to do, and now, I'm DOING IT!!! Doesn't really matter whether i win or not, its the experience and courage. ;) To get into a singing contest and SHINE! (haha, i just want to earn the prize. haha~~ So i can buy more health food from WBG for my family!!!)
* I was complimented for the poise and charisma when i walked in the room and sing! ;)*


Why running?
Today was the soft launch to WBG's opening @ Adelphi Livestyle Mall @ 1 Coleman st, just opp. Funan IT Mall. Nicholas Chia flew back from Thailand SCS course, organised by GSS Training Academy, and there, he presented a gift of appreciation to our Global Crown Director (GCD) Alan Ng.


Why Alan Ng? It is because he was helping out with the company moving from Suntec city to Adelphi. He was there all the while, whole day, carrying tons of boxes, doing alot of odd jobs, wipe the windows, vacuuming the floor, etc. Everytime i see him, he will be doing cleaning ups. He really earned my respect for him.

A GCD, doing odd jobs. It reminds me of the Band days when we, the leaders, sec 4 are cleaning up the band room. No one wanted to do it, so we have to initate the movement. I really respect him alot since then. Its the company culture, corporate essence, that's a sense of ownership to what we have. I see that in Alan Ng.

Yesterday, he was giving a sharing on how he did WBG biz. At the end of the day, conclusion ended with his beliefs and mindset. He is...
- Very persistent in in work,
- Strong beliefs in WBG, HUNZA products and GSS training academy
- Clear objective why he wants to do biz ( he was a biz man before fulltime WBG networker)
- Great foresight and vision

His great persistency lead to my decision to go for the Standard Chartered marathon. I
remembered that whenever i run for my 2.4km during sec sch and JC days, when i run, what will be on my mind was "B.T Band and persist","Persist and i will achieve"...
Being at Alan Ng's sharing probed me to make this decision.
Thank you Alan!! You're the Best!! *Salutes* =)